Aurizon EA Negotiation Update No. 12
Your RTBU NSW Locomotive Division negotiating team is pleased to advise that after 3 ½ months of negotiating, agreement in-principle has been reached with Aurizon on a replacement EA.
After our final meeting on Monday, both parties explored further commitments to close the gap and deliver a reasonable outcome, and yesterday this was achieved.
Whilst the negotiations have not been what we would consider normal, we have been able to reach a good outcome that sees all conditions within the agreement either improved or maintained.
We have not been able to achieve everything that we set out to achieve, but we have certainly gained some good improvements for you, as members in your Enterprise Agreement.
This now finalises negotiations. discussions have been respectful and genuine consideration and debate has been undertaken by both sides.
It is now time for you to consider the Enterprise Agreement and ask questions that will allow you to make an informed decision of whether you believe the conditions contained within the agreement are a benefit to you and your families.
The final position delivers the following further improvements if accepted by employees and approved:
- 2.5% each for 4 years
- Back pay to be paid from 1- November 2021 once EA is certified with FWC, IF approved
- EA comes into operation 7 days after certification if accepted and approved
- Nominal expiry date of 10 November 2025 if accepted and approved
The Next Steps
Your RTBU Locomotive Division Team will be available on Friday 29 October 2021 for teams teleconferences (please check your emails for invites) to discuss and answer any questions. We will also be available next week for further teams or depot sessions for anyone who can’t make Friday’s sessions. Please keep checking emails for further advice. Please do not hesitate to contact any of the representatives or your Loco Division Organiser if you cannot attend so you can clarify or ask any questions.
Please monitor your emails for further invites as we will hold more TEAMS teleconferences / and depot appearances to discuss the RTBU position in the upcoming weeks.
Aurizon have indicated the following process:
- Friday 29 October 2021 – Access Period open for a period of 7 days as per FWC
- Copy of Draft Enterprise Agreement emailed and copies at depot for perusal
- Voting – Opens 0600 hrs on 5 November 2021 and closes 1600 hrs on 19 November 2021
- Electronic voting via independent – Australian Electoral Company
If you have any questions, please contact your local rep or your Locomotive Division Organiser via mobile or email.