Sydney Trains COVID-19 Taskforce Update No.2
Your Locomotive Division Representatives continue to meet twice weekly with Sydney Trains Train Crew Executive as the COVID-19 pandemic progresses.
Sydney Trains has made the following further commitments to address Members concerns:
- New COVID-19 specific disinfecting cleans for crew cabs. These cleans are in addition to the current scheduled train cleaning and will occur at all maintenance centres and depots as trains leave service.
- New “In-Service” cab cleans will be undertaken at terminating locations. These cleans will be rolled out at Leppington, Macarthur, Hornsby, Lidcombe and Bondi Junction from Monday 6 April 2020 with more locations to follow.
- Further implementation of social distancing measures – HSR’s and Safety Professionals have assessed locations and imposed occupancy limits, and are working with TCO to facilitate other arrangements for crib and stand-by, in instances where rooms are at maximum occupancy.
- Re-opening the old TCAC facility as an additional overflow crib/stand by location.
- A separate training working group continues to address issues arising from implementation of social distancing. Solutions are being discussed and developed to ensure training standards are maintained.
- Weekly local HSR audits of facilities and stock take of supplies (hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes etc).
- COVID-19 specific electronic reporting tool will be available through Sydney Trains intranet to raise issues i.e. cleanliness, availability of sanitiser and wipes etc.
- Access to uncapped special leave for those considered to be “Vulnerable Employees”.
Members are reminded that nothing has changed in regards to your rights to enforce cab cleanliness and not using overcrowded meal and standby rooms taking into account “social distancing” and increased cleaning requirements.
Members should continue to advise their supervisor when issues occur.