Pacific National Intermodal Outsourced Projects Enterprise Agreement Update
It is time to start voting on your Protected Industrial Action Ballot
The Australian Electoral Commission is sending out your postal vote pack (ballot) in the mail from today. If you have not received your ballot by the 29 September 2020, please contact the AEC on 02 9375 6366 and quote PAB Order B2020/510 immediately for a replacement.
The Protected Industrial Action Ballot will strictly close at 10 am on the 21 October 2020 AEDT, and only ballot papers received at that time by the AEC returning officer will be counted. It is important to make sure you return your postal vote as soon as possible to meet the cut off.
Who is Eligible to vote?
All employees of Pacific National Pty Ltd T/A Pacific National Services Pty Ltd who are:
- represented by Australian Rail, Tram and Bus Industry Union in the negotiations of the proposed Outsourced Projects Enterprise Agreement, and
- employees who are bargaining representatives for themselves in the proposed Outsourced Projects Enterprise Agreement but are members of Australian Rail, Tram and Bus Industry Union.
It is time for everyone to stand up and vote YES to every action to show Pacific National that you are not happy with what Pacific National is offering in wage increases.
Pacific National’s wage offer, which Your Negotiating Committee rejected, is as follows:
- no pay increase for 18 months
- 1.5% from 1st January 2021 to 31st June 2021, and
- 2% from 1st July 2021 to 31st December 2021.
Pacific National is saying that is all they can offer due to the devastating bush fires, floods, and the global pandemic of Covid-19, yet you have all worked through these as essential workers and this is how Pacific National says thanks for all your hard work?
Remembering also, that during the last Enterprise Agreement negotiations, you lost 1.5% in wages and superannuation over the life of the current Enterprise Agreement compared to other Pacific National EA’s.
Do not delay, return your postal vote as soon as you can after receiving it.
Your RTBU EA Negotiation team consists of RTBU delegates Paul Bentley, Jason McPhee and David Rowley and NSW Locomotive Division Organiser Kevin Pryor.