OSCAR train prep changes
The Loco Division has been reviewing changes to the OSCAR train preparation procedure.
Changes are being made to facilitate the inclusion of the ATP TOS consolidation, MetroNet train radio testing and wording changes to the procedure. This is separate to the train preparation project for HMV sets.
The updated procedure will be known as the “OSCAR Train Preparation Procedure – Version Interim 5 with TOS Consolidation” and will explain to drivers what the changes are and why they are necessary.
The changes include:
– Internal walks will no longer be required by drivers
– Drivers will check gauges during the external walk in auto. EP will be checked using TOS
– MetroNet train radio test has been reduced/simplified.
– Traction Interlock test has been modified to use traction interlock button.
– Driver display screen references have been adjusted and incorporated into one screen.
– Brake Cylinder pressures have been updated for new type of brake pads.
– No requirement for PABT during prep procedure.
The Loco Division would like to thank the delegates and members who were involved in the project for their feedback and assistance during the process. Please contact head office for any further information.