Workers Compensation Report – One Year On
This week, to mark a year since Barry O’Farrell made significant changes to workers compensation laws, Unions NSW released the results of their online survey.
The report highlights the human impacts of the Government’s changes.
– 2,340 people completed survey, 1392 (60%) of whom had suffered an injury or illness at work.
– Key findings from the survey include:
– 93% of people are opposed the Government’s changes to workers compensation;
– Of the 1392 injured workers, 504 were receiving weekly payments in June 2012;
– 92 workers reported a reduction in their weekly payments as a result of the changes;
– 71% of people receiving weekly payments have not yet undergone a Work Capacity Assessment;
– 86% of injured workers sustained their injury prior to June 2012.
You can see the full report here: http://www.unionsnsw.org.au/general-news/workers-comp-report/
In the coming weeks, Unions NSW will also be compiling the hundreds of individual stories from the survey results. These will be posted to the website www.nswforall.org.au