Delegates’ conference coming up: 8-9 November
The Locomotive Division is holding a Delegates’ Conference for all Governing Committee Delegates on the 8th and 9th of November.
We’re still finalising the schedule, but it will include:
- Updates from the RTBU Assistant National Secretary Allan Garden and NSW Branch Secretary Alex Claassens
- Delegate training on “being union” and what that means in the current political and industrial climate
- Presentation on railway safety by Colin Holmes, ITSR representative
- Presentation on unfair dismissal and use of social media and workers’ compensation by the Loco Division’s legal firm, O’Dea Lawyers
- International presentations from two British unions RMT (specialist transport union) and ASLEF (train drivers’ union) as well New Zealand transport workers’ union, the RMTU
Keep an eye on Loco Express for the full schedule which will be posted in coming days.