Stop the attack on our rights at work
Tony Abbott is trying to rush through laws that introduce new unfair individual contracts that cut take home pay, give more power to employers in bargaining and make it harder for workers to access their union.
But to do all this he needs the crucial votes of at least six cross-bench senators.
Australian Unions is asking all workers to help put a stop to this attack on workers, by taking a minute to call on the cross-bench senators to stand up for working people. Click here to send them an email
If just three cross-bench senators vote against the bill, the Abbott Government’s amendments won’t get through.
Tony Abbott’s new laws bring back some of the worst parts of Workchoices. Among other things, the bill:
- Reintroduces unfair individual contracts that can cut take home pay including weekend and penalty rates
- Gives employers a veto over industrial action.
- Allows employers to not pay-out some annual leave if you’re sacked or leave a job.
- Gives mining and construction employers a special deal that allows them to write their own Enterprise Agreements.
- Reduces the rights of workers to talk to their union at work if they need help.
These laws are part of the Abbott attack on the Australian way of life. Let’s make sure that the cross-bench senators know this.
Click here and ask the senators to vote against Tony Abbott’s horrible laws: http://www.australianunions.org.au/stop_tony_abbotts_anti_worker_laws