Vic PN Rural & Bulk to commence industrial action
The Victorian Locomotive Division has advised PN Rural and Bulk (R&B Victoria) that Victorian Locomotive Division members employed by PN R&B (in Victoria) will commence protected industrial action against Pacific National R&B from Wednesday 22nd March 2017. The action is authorised by a protected action ballot conducted by the AEC in accordance with the orders of the FWC and results were declared on the 10/3/2017.
The nature of the protected industrial action and the dates on which it is intended to take place are as follows:
- A ban on the performance of training duties for labour hire employees commencing at 00:01 on Wednesday 22 March 2017. Duration: Until otherwise advised.
- A ban on shunting at Appleton Dock Rail Terminal commencing at 00:01 on Wednesday 22 March 2017. Duration: Until otherwise advised.
- A stoppage on the performance of all work for a period of forty-eight (48) hours commencing at 00:01 on Monday 27 March 2017 Duration: 48 Hours .
- A stoppage on the performance of all work for a period of twenty four (24) hours commencing at 00:01 on Friday 31 March 2017 Duration: 24 Hours.
- A ban on the working of overtime commencing at 00:01 on Saturday 25 March 2017. Duration: Until otherwise advised.
- A ban on complying with any direction, or request, to ‘lift up’ or ‘lay back’ on a shift commencing at 00:01 on Saturday 25 March 2017. Duration: Until otherwise advised.
- A ban on working any time beyond the first eight (8) hours in a single shift commencing at 00:01 on Sunday 26 March 2017. Duration: Until otherwise advised.
- A ban on working any time outside the posted fortnightly master roster commencing at 00:01 on Sunday 26 March 2017. Duration: Until otherwise advised.
Whilst the Victorian Locomotive Division has always and continues to be prepared to negotiate the difficult matters that may be resolved at the bargaining table, there remain some fundamental differences as a result of PN R&B’s hard line ultimatum such as:
- A Company proposed cut in the fortnightly guarantee hours from 80 to 76, which equates to a $7.40 per hour pay cut and a loss of $210.84 per fortnight for the four guarantee hours removal. When the industry is not busy and normal hours are worked over a 12 month period, these cuts equate to a loss of income of $20104.00 to a Locomotive Driver.
- The companies Home Regions concept where in one Home Region it is proposed multiple locations to sign on for duty, varying as much as 120km in distance. PN R&B position is that employees travel in their own time (not paid) and in their private vehicles at their own expense. This has been rejected vehemently by members.
On 17 Feb 2017 PN Rural and Bulk (PN R&B) presented a document titled ‘Pacific National Bulk Rail Victorian Enterprise Agreement 2017’ and advised the Vic Loco Division that it was the only document that (PN R&B) wished to discuss. The Locomotive Division advanced the proposition that the current agreement, Pacific National Victorian Bulk Rail Enterprise Agreement 2014 was the applicable enterprise agreement and the base in which negotiations should proceed as received from members.
The Locomotive Division Victoria has advised PN that they will continue to bargain in good faith in an effort to reach an agreement suitable to members.
# The protected industrial action planned by the Victorian Locomotive Division is applicable only to Employees intending to engage in protected industrial action who are employed by PN R&B and are members of the RTBULD and whose employment will be covered by the proposed Pacific National Victorian Bulk Rail Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Locoexpress will continue to keep members up to date as information is received and made available.
Find out more: Read the RTBU Vic Circular