PN Bulk & Coal: It’s time to vote
Congratulations – the Fair Work Commission has approved your request for a Protected Action Ballot!
What happens next?
The Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) will request a list of eligible employees from management and a list of members from the RTBU office to create a roll of voters for the ballot.
To make sure you get a vote, your contact details (address and name) as held by the RTBU and management must match. If your details are different you may not be eligible to vote in this very important vote.
You are reminded that the vote will only be successful if a majority of members vote. So make sure your details are up to date!
To make sure you get a vote in the ballot, you need to:
- Send the RTBU office a change of details form to confirm your full name, address and telephone number. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 0292647679.
- Check the My Connect app to make sure that the details the RTBU office and the Company have on file match.
- Ask at least one of your workmates to do the same thing.
The ballot order lists the actions you will be voting on. Remember a YES vote is not a commitment to take every action listed – it is an opportunity to vote YES to make sure you have all options available to you and your workmates. Your RTBU Locomotive Division team recommends you vote YES on every question.
What is at stake?
Together we are fighting for:
- Proper consultation
- Limits on casualisation and labour hire
- No reduction in Conditions
- Maintaining Shift Penalties (APM)
- An Independent Umpire that can arbitrate a dispute
- Accommodation standards for barracks
- A Fair and reasonable wage increase that recognises employees contribution to the company
For details on when the ballot opens, keep checking the Loco Express website.
Not a member? Don’t delay – join your union and get involved now!