Freightliner Intermodal negotiations kick off
Negotiations for a new enterprise agreement at Freightliner kicked off this week with the first meeting between the union and management being used to present the parties’ log of claims.
This is a usual first step in negotiations, when both parties lay their key asks on the tables and as starting point for discussion.
Below is an overview of the key claims from both sides.
Freightliner’s Log of Claims
– Administrative review of the 2012 EA including updating of language and clarification of any areas identified,
– Update of clauses relating to Consultation, Major Change and Dispute Settling Procedure, and
– Replacement of option to accrue additional Annual Leave with a Day Off in Lieu when working a Public Holiday.
Some of Employee’s Log of Claims (based on member feedback)
– 9 day fortnight
– Standalone O/T working outside of Lift up/ Lay Back
– Advice periods for working Coal Trains (48hrs Notice)
– Flexibility of times for Book Offs
– Notification for approval / not approved when applying for Long Service, Annual Leave or Book Off’s
– Increase Redundancy payments
– Clarification surrounding Cancelled Shifts
– Definition of “Shunting Shifts”
– Allowance for working from Home
– Penalty for working past Shift Limits
– Temporary Transfer Clarification
– Long Service increase after 10years
At this stage, further meetings have been scheduled for 10th June, 18th June, 25th June, 2nd July and 9th July 2015.
Members will be kept informed on the progress of negotiations through newsflashes and Loco Express. Your negotiating team will continue to push for the EA that members deserve.